Call for Participation – 10th HRTF
Open invitation to participate in Handmade and Recycled Theater Festival of Athens.
Fabrica Athens Multiactive Art Group invites you to the 10th anniversary Handmade & Recycled Theater Festival. The beloved festival returns to the neighborhood of Kerameikos for the tenth consecutive year, more dynamic than ever.
We make art, once again, as if its for the first time!
10 years handmade and recyclable! 10 years of creation! 10 years HRTFest
“That we did with effort, now it has a title.” The main theme of the Handmade and Recycled Theater Festival or HRTFest as it is now called is the idea of handmade and recyclable. Reflecting the identity and the way the team that created it, Fabrica Athens, HRTFest is the realization of a vision. An artistic vision – and not only – where artists work as a team, and take on many different roles to create their own opportunities with the materials and tools they already have.
Until now, the aim is to support independent artistic creation, to promote DIY initiatives and to cultivate an ever-expanding community of artists who share this way of thinking, perceiving and creating.
It is a fact that we are walking on difficult roads and unfavorable conditions and the field of culture has not emerged unscathed from these conditions. So the artists asked to find new ways to continue creating and communicating; the Festival inspires and supports a different way of working.
Closing 10 years, HRTFest invites you to celebrate with it and to co-create this year a unique Festival of Handmade & Recyclable Theater and Art!
For nine years, the festival has hosted over 40 forms of expression and artistic creation. Indicative:
– Theater, prose, musical theater, physical theater, street theater, children’s theater, improvisation, dance theater, theatrical analogy, shadow theater, bar theater, forum theater, puppet theater.
– Performance, video performance, video dance, skype performance, music performance, site specific performance, circus artists, acrobatics, aerial Skills,
– Stand-up comedy, narration,
– Contemporary dance, jazz dance, concerts, dj sets, live music,
– Feature films, short films, video art screenings, documentaries,
– Painting, collage, photography, architectural drawing, installations, book presentation, book reading, site specific art, jewelry, mask, doll, garment, DIY Constructions,
– Creative employment of children, seminars, lectures.
In recent years, in fact, the program is enriched with more nationwide and international participations!
As the previous years, the infrastructure and the way of operation will be formed considering the protection measures proposed by the competent bodies. For this reason we ask from all artists who want to participate to have the opportunity to adapt their actions so that there is the possibility of their realization both indoors and outdoors.
Submission of proposals
The open call for participation is addressed to professional and rising artists, but also students, who are active in art, education and research.
Those who are interested to participate in the festival, need to send an email with the subject “HRTF Application Form” to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The email needs to include the following information in a pdf file:
– Description of the proposal (content, type, duration, etc.)
– Curriculum vitae of the group or the artist
– Contact details (contact phone and email)
– Audiovisual material (if any)
Proposals will be accepted until 10/08/2022. Applications that do not include the above information or that are overdue will be considered invalid.
The infrastructure where the actions will take place are given free of charge to the artists. The venues will be announced to the participants later.
All submissions will be informed about their participation or not in the Festival until August 30, 2022.
Dates of the Handmade and Recycled Theater Festival : 22/09/2022 – 02/10/2022
Graphic diligence: Dimitra Milioni
– Enter Subject: “HRTF Application Form”
– Contact details: Telephone, Email
Telephone: 210 3411651 (Monday – Friday: 13.00 – 21.00)