«Theater as a Dialogue with the Dead – Keeping Alive a Personal Tradition»
The Multiactive Art Group Fabrica Athens, as part of its educational activities, welcomes the internationally renowned theater director Eugenio Barba, founder of the pioneering group Odin Teatret and ISTA – International School of Theater Anthropology. With him, the actress and director Julia Varley.
The Multidisciplinary Seminar with Eugenio Barba and Julia Varley will take place on Saturday 12 & Sunday 13 June 2021, at the Chytirio Theatre – Cultural Center.
It is addressed to theater and art academics, professional actors and performers, students of drama schools and other performing arts, theater educators and initiated spectators.
The seminar will include a variety of educational activities and will have a total duration of 7 hours. It will be conducted in English, with simultaneous translation into Greek. In addition, there will be access for people with mobility disabilities.
At the end of the seminar, participants will receive a certificate of attendance, signed by the speakers of the seminar and Fabrica Athens theatrical organization.
The number of participants in the seminar “Theater as a Dialogue with the Dead – Keeping Alive a Personal Tradition” with Eugenio Barba and Julia Varley will be limited, for the best and safest experience of all.
For its implementation, all the current necessary sanitary measures will be observed. In case of cancellation or inability to hold the event, due to government decisions related to the pandemic, there will be a refund.
Saturday 12 June (18:30 – 22:30)
- Lecture by Eugenio Barba on: “Politics by other Means. Theater in the Heart of a Lacerated Society”
Screening of the Documentary Film “The Country where the Trees Fly”
- Open discussion: Q&A with documentary directors Davide Barletti and Jacopo Quadri
- Presentation of the book “The Moon rises from the Ganges” of Perispomeni publications, with speakers: Eugenio Barba – Author of the book, Kosta Vantzos and Artemis Mathia – Translators, Sotiris Fasoulas – Publisher, George Sampatakakis – Assistant Professor of Drama and Performance at the University of Patras Performance
Sunday 13 June (11:00 – 14:00)
- Work Demonstration “The Flying Carpet” with Julia Varley
- Open discussion: Q&Q with Eugenio Barba and Julia VArley on all material
Viva.gr (from 21/05) or
on the phone +30 210 3411651 (from 18/05)
100 euros – regular
80 euros – student / unemployed / disabled (it is necessary to show a student card, unemployment card or exemption)
The day of the seminar we kindly ask you to arrive at least 40′ earlier and have your ticket (in digital or printed form) and the necessary documents in case of redused ticket.
Telephone: +30 210 3411651 (Monday – Friday, 12:00 – 16:00):
Organization – Production:
Multiactive Group of Art – Fabrica Athens
Fanis Katechos, Giovanna Michaliadi Sarti
Coordination – Assistance: Kostas Vantzos
With kind support:
Chytirio Theatre – Point of Culture
Instituto Italiano di Cultura – Atene
Educational Organization – Iakovos Kampanellis
Cinemascoop collective productions
We kindly thank: Costas Tataroglou, Elettra Michaliadi Sarti, Stevi Theodosiou, Rubini Vasilakopoulou, Vasia Panagopoulou, Thanos Kermitsis.
* Taking into account the conditions in the field of culture due to the pandemic, Fabrica Athens decided to finance a part of the production of the event, in order to keep the cost of participation low.